Within the dam, several additional facilities have been built:
- Tunnel in the length of 320 m, which during the exploitation will be used as a bottom outlet
- Overflow structure with a projected flow of 293 m3 / s, which ends with a quick hike and a ski rebound.
- Bypass tunnel diameter 4.1 m
- Diversion tunnel in the length of 320 m, which during the exploitation will be used as a bottom outlet
- Spillway with a projected flow of 293 m3 / s, which ends with a quick hike and a ski jump.
The dam “Knezhevo” is the first rock-fill dam with asphalt concrete diaphragm in Macedonia, which is part of the multipurpose project “Hydro system Zletovica”. The construction of the dam started in February 2007, and in 2011 was put into operation.
The central facility of Phase I – water supply from HS “Zletovica” is a rock-fill dam “Knezevo” with an asphalt core which is the first of its kind on the territory of Macedonia.
The rock-fill-dam Knezevo is 75 m high and it will regulate and use the annual water potential of the river Zletovica of 60.000.000 m3 of water. The dam is at an altitude of 1,000 meters above sea level. With the construction of the dam an accumulation of 23,500,000m3is formed. The water from this accumulation will primarily be used for providing drinking water for over 100,000 inhabitants, then for irrigation of 4,500 ha in the area of the municipalities of Probishtip and Kratovo as well as for the production of electricity. The realization of this system will contribute to the utilization of the agricultural capacities of the region and the development of the agricultural economy.
This phase is completed and realized and at this moment it suplies raw drinking water for the municipalities of Probishtip and Sveti Nikole, and the Municipality of Stip is testing their filter station in order to start the water supply of this municipality from Hydrositem Zletovica as soon as possible.